Please don't be shy- sign up to be a follower or leave a comment from time to time. Love to know who is reading!

Friday, October 28, 2011

31 for 21, Day #28: Halloween Party :)

***PSA: Our adoption blog has moved!! Please update your bookmarks and make sure you click "follow" on our new web address!!  http://www.gracefulbutterflywings.blogspot.com/  Thank you!! :)

Also- a shout out to my readers here- asking if there are any CPA's in the crowd??  We have a document we need signed by a CPA for our adoption process and need it done ASAP.  Please e-mail me if you can help us out!  kaylinsmommy@gmail.com  Thank you!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Days 25-27 can be found on our adoption blog HERE.

I've been taking Evan to a little playgroup consisting of other little ones in his Early Intervention program- we just learned about this playgroup a month or so ago and started going as soon as we found out!  Evan appears to be the youngest- usually there are only three other little boys who come regularly- they are all at least three years old.  Yesterday they had a little Halloween party and a few more kids showed up- a couple appeared to be Evan's size but I have no idea how old they are... I'm guessing at least two years old.  Evan LOVES going- lots of new toys to play with, and the past couple times we have gotten ready to leave- he had a complete meltdown.  Well, at least it shows he's having fun! :)

So yesterday's Halloween party consisted of dressing up in costume (Mommies had to dress up also) and trick-or-treating through the school (the playgroup is held at a local middle school- there is another preschool program that uses this room and it is fully furnished as a preschool classroom).  I got Evan the CUTEST chicken costume!!  I didn't mind paying full price (it was on sale at Old Navy) since I scored the other two kids' costumes for $3 or less at consignment sales. ;)






Evan did such a good job at keeping the hood up!!  Usually that is the first to get pulled down on coats, but he kept it on the whole time. :)

Yes, I dressed up also- my dad snapped a pic of us before we left- he spent the day with us today :)  As soon as I came downstairs dressed in my costume- Evan became immediately upset and wouldn't let me hold him at all!!  He settled down enough to stop crying, but was not happy throughout the party. I took my pigtails out during the party and he still made ugly eyes at my face.  Totally didn't expect that!



Clearly those freckles are scary and I don't look like myself! Bad mommy. :(  I guess a chicken has very good reason to be afraid of the farmer!

I took him this morning for his 2 year old portraits- still in denial that my baby is turning two TOMORROW!! :'( Where has the time gone????  I was so nervous about how this photo session would go since the last two (the last one in particular) he did not care to cooperate at all.  But I brought one of his blankies and a cuddly teddy- teddy saved the day!!  Got some cute shots. :)

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love his costume. You are a wonderful mom and all of your kids are blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. I LOVE his costume. My Ellie is going as a "chunky chicken" but her costume is not nearly as exciting. Your son Evan is so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amy how wonderful! always loving your family! wonderful you linked up xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts- let me know I'm not just talking to myself! ;)

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews