Please don't be shy- sign up to be a follower or leave a comment from time to time. Love to know who is reading!

Friday, December 28, 2012

Not giving up hope yet....

This morning it was announced that Putin signed the adoption ban which goes into force on January 1, 2013. While I was greatly saddened by this news, I am still hopeful that this is not permanent and a new agreement can be met.  I also just read that there has already been an amendment proposed to exclude children with disabilities!! HALLELUJAH!! So hopefully all the sweet Russian cherubs on Reece's Rainbow can still find families!!  Keep those prayers coming!!

I shared a photo on Facebook and will share it here.... a before and after of Lina, which I'm sure many of you have already seen the individual photos.  Put them together though, and they really tell her story.


The first photo was taken during a little Easter celebration at the orphanage.  Lina was so absent, even when we met her while she still lived behind those walls.  The moment we got her out, she completely came to life and has just been full of smiles and giggles.  It's so amazing to watch how quickly she learns.  Just last night at dinner, Mike called Lina a "giggle-puss" since she was so giggly at the table.  He asked her, "Are you a giggle-puss?" She instantly signed "octopus"! Hahaha!!  She is so smart!

Some other bittersweet news I received yesterday..... Our facilitator has been unable to get in contact with Lina's biological family. :( After several attempts of trying to contact the mother as well as the older sister, no one has replied at all.  I am still hopeful that maybe they will reach out in the future.  But we are unable to make our donation to them that we had so hoped for- a refrigerator filled with food.  So instead, Marina asked if we could use the money to buy sweet treats for the children in Lina's former institution for Christmas.  In Russia, they celebrate Christmas on January 7th, so there is still time. :)  Marina went out with her husband yesterday, and ALL DAY they went buying chocolates and candies.... over 200 pounds worth!!










She messaged me when she got in- around 10:00 PM her time, and she was exhausted- and understandably so!!  I am sure there were multiple trips to get all this candy in her house, as her husband's car is very small!

But she didn't stop there.  I woke up with another message- she had been up ALL night making goodie bags for the children- past 7:30 AM!!




72 goodie bags in all, and the remaining candy will be given in boxes.  I wish I could go with Marina to deliver them!  The director picked them up today and was very grateful.  She promised to write to me (I have already exchanged a few e-mails with her already, sending updates on Lina) and send some photos of the children during the holidays. :)  Marina is an angel here on earth, working so tirelessly for these children, and the director is a kind woman.  I pray the ban will be lifted, not only for the children's sake, but so that Marina can continue to have work, especially doing what she loves.  Please keep praying.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post!! Love the side by side pictures of Lina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is your sweet girl's video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA4lMsprxUs

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts- let me know I'm not just talking to myself! ;)

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews