We celebrated Evan's birthday a little early since Kaylin and Justin will be spending next weekend away with MomMom and PopPop while they go on their annual Halloween camping trip! Ok, I use the word "camping" loosely here as my parents have a big 5th wheel trailer we refer to as the condo on wheels... but they stay in a camp site, cook food on the grill, sit out by the campfire and roast marshmallows.... so I guess it can be considered camping.... sort of. :-P The kids will get to trick-or-treat through the campground and participate in a costume contest among other fun activities- they look forward to this trip every year. Once Evan is walking I think he will be ready to go, too. :)
So back to the party!! We keep birthdays small here, aside from the kids' first birthday when there are lots more people invited. By small, I mean around 20 people- pretty much immediate family. Evan was napping when his guests arrived and woke up about an hour later. As soon as he was up he spied the presents, so we began opening. :)
(Since we lost our old hard drive, I had to quickly download some free photo software and unfortunately I don't like this red eye removal- didn't quite work so well! I'll be shopping another program).
Gosh he looks SO big standing there next to me!! Who let that happen, anyway??
Evan was all about the greeting cards!! He had very little interest in opening his presents. I thought for sure he would be all about ripping and playing with the paper, but he really didn't want much to do with it!
Really? Do I gotta?
Well I do like books...
This next toy got his attention for SURE!! LOVED it.
Loved the lights and music!! It's a little bowling game, but Evan was content just holding onto the ball while listening and watching. LOL
oooooooo this Sesame Street toy is FUN!
And who doesn't love Elmo??
Here's a short little video of Evan opening one of his presents- probably the most effort he put into opening- Mommy had to do the rest!
After presents we moved right to cake since some guests needed to head out soon. I have to give a shout-out to MomMom and Aunt Marie for decorating the clown cupcakes for me while I was running behind trying to finish the cake!
Evan got the red nose since he's not ready to eat the candies yet.
hmmmmmm.... not so sure about this stuff... you sure I'm supposed to eat it?
And then clapping for himself after taking a bite! :)
After party-goers departed, Evan had fun with his balloons....
And another video post-party of Evan enjoying his balloons. :) And Justin in the background enjoying Evan's new presents. LOL
All in all it was a great day!! I still can't believe my baby is turning two years old.... more reflection on that coming this weekend!
Posted by
Looks like it was a great little party!! I LOVE that cake!!! Two years goes by fast doesn't it!
ReplyDeleteHe looks like he had a fun party! And the cake was adorable. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the cake! So cute.
ReplyDelete