Please don't be shy- sign up to be a follower or leave a comment from time to time. Love to know who is reading!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuscan Pasta recipe

Ok, I'll be the first to admit, I really do NOT enjoy cooking.  I wish I did, really I do.  So when I find a recipe that is easy as well as yummo- I'm all over it!  I was looking through my cookbooks over the weekend- which I haven't done in a few years- I know, SO bad.... I came across this recipe for Tuscan chicken and just had to try it.  It was so good, so simple, and just about everyone in the house ate it- minus one extremely picky 5 year old who picked out the chicken and snubbed the rest.  Yes, Evan ate it too!  This is the first family meal he was able to eat in its entirety! :)



Tuscan Pasta

                                1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
                                1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans (I used light red) rinsed and drained
                                1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
                                2 cans (14.5 oz) Italian-style stewed tomatoes
                                1 jar (4 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
                                1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
                                1/2 c. onion, chopped
                                1/2 c. celery, chopped
                                4 cloves garlic, minced
                                1 c. water
                                1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
                                6 oz. thin spaghetti, broken into halves

Place all ingredients except spaghetti in slow cooker.  Cover and cook on LOW 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.

Turn to HIGH.  Stir in spaghetti; cover.  Stir again after 10 minutes.  Cover and cook 45 minutes or until pasta is tender.  Makes 8 servings.

Nutrients per serving:  Calories 272, Total Fat 2 g, Protein 23 g, Carbohydrate 42 g, Cholesterol 34 mg, Sodium 666 mg, Dietary Fiber 6 g
Dietary Exchanges:  3 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Bread, 1 1/2 Meat


Please leave a comment if you try it and what you think of it!

2 comments:

Please share your thoughts- let me know I'm not just talking to myself! ;)

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews