Check out Patti's blog: A Perfect Lily
She has been raising money to help three children from Reece's Rainbow, one of which totally breaks my heart. The two girls you will see there, Olga and Kareen, have been fortunate enough to have their forever family working to bring them home! And it was with the help of Patti and her amazing blog that Olga's grant grew to be so large- go check out how much money is in her account!! Thanks to Patti, a family has chosen Olga due to this large fund to help bring her home.
![]() |
| Olga |
![]() |
| Kareen |
Patti is hoping to do the same for sweet little Peter. Peter has been on Reece's Rainbow since he was born, and will be turning 4 years old this month- he faces the mental institution in just a few months if he isn't chosen for adoption!!
Reading Patti's post breaks my heart- this child has never in his 4 years of life, spent any amount of time outside. :( This is just one facet in the life of a child with a disability in these orphanages. I've written about the living conditions in the mental institutions which are far worse, and will be a death sentence for Peter if he doesn't find a forever family. He so deserves to be hugged, loved, he deserves to receive proper medical treatment to take care of his heart and his eyes, and given a chance just to live. Instead he just lays in his crib... yes, for four years that's pretty much all he's been doing.... and will remain to do so until he dies in a mental institution in a cold, dark room, hearing the moans and cries of others around him... if he's not saved. Please consider donating to his grant- just $10 would help so much... if you can donate more, even better. Our goal is to build up his grant money to the full $20,000 to help a family bring him home as soon as possible. The prizes Patti is giving away are the icing on the cake!! Please go to her blog now and help save these children.
Patti as well as other bloggers have had huge success with giveaways as a fundraiser, and I've been considering doing the same. I know my blog is fairly new and I don't have a huge following, but I do get a decent amount of viewers even if they aren't all showing as followers, and I believe we CAN make a difference! If you have an Etsy shop or any other home business etc. please let me know if you'd be willing to donate an item for a giveaway- it doesn't have to be expensive like an iPad of course! I would love to do something like this for Lesia's family since they recently lost so much money in that awful scam. You can comment here. Thanks so much!
![]() |
| Peter- facing the institution very soon |
Patti as well as other bloggers have had huge success with giveaways as a fundraiser, and I've been considering doing the same. I know my blog is fairly new and I don't have a huge following, but I do get a decent amount of viewers even if they aren't all showing as followers, and I believe we CAN make a difference! If you have an Etsy shop or any other home business etc. please let me know if you'd be willing to donate an item for a giveaway- it doesn't have to be expensive like an iPad of course! I would love to do something like this for Lesia's family since they recently lost so much money in that awful scam. You can comment here. Thanks so much!



Posted by
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please share your thoughts- let me know I'm not just talking to myself! ;)