Please don't be shy- sign up to be a follower or leave a comment from time to time. Love to know who is reading!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Catch up, Part 2: Buddy Walk!

Before I get started, I just want to bring your attention to the little Tastefully Simple link on the top right side of the page ------------------->

I just recently signed on as a Tastefully Simple consultant, strictly to pay it forward and make donations to waiting children and adopting families of Reece's Rainbow, where we found our precious Lina.  I have a personal goal to make $1,000 in sales by October 15th and I'm a bit bummed we're not even halfway there yet.  Please consider making a purchase knowing 20% of your purchase price will go to a waiting child's grant.  Right now I'm raising money for sweet Willow who currently resides in the same baby house where Lina used to live.

I am praying someone will find her before she is transferred to an institution like Lina had to endure.

Alright, on to the Buddy Walk!  We enjoyed the most BEAUTIFUL weather- thank goodness since they were calling for a chance of showers, and it totally rained on us last year.  I was not looking forward to another soggy day!  Sun was shining though and all went very well.  I didn't get a whole lot of pictures since I was manning the bounce house with Justin and Lina, and Mike was chasing after Evan while Kaylin hung around with them.  While we were a bit bummed that none of our family or friends could join us, one of Evan's little friends from his special ed preschool class did come!  His parents are SO sweet- they just moved up from Florida, and we were truly touched they made the drive out to join us.  And no, I wasn't able to capture a picture with them either :(( but I got a picture of their backs if that counts! LOL


That's them right in front of us- I was actually trying to get pics of the awesome team ahead wearing the purple afro's- they were hysterical!!




Loved it!  As I mentioned, I spent a good bit of time watching Justin and Lina chase each other around in the bounce house- before the walk started.






Kaylin made her way to the face painting station


After the walk, we grabbed some food and sat under a shady tree to eat... 

One could have fun writing captions for these two! ;)


We then chased the kids around the playground for a bit until it was time to head out. Clouds were starting to get dark so we figured it was a good time to hike back to the car. By the time we got home- it was just starting to rain. ;) Perfect timing!

Next post: Lina's first field trip with school!! :) Lots of fun pics to come. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts- let me know I'm not just talking to myself! ;)

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews