Today's the day! Lina started Kindergarten at our local elementary school with the big kids!!
My gosh, is it me or does she look so grown up!!! *sniff sniff* While I thought she blended right in with her preschool class, now she is really looking like an elementary school student!! How did this happen??? We're still working on smiling for the camera ;) and even LOOKING at the camera long enough for Mommy to take a pic! I won't bore you with all the outtakes trying to get her to look, keep her eyes open, AND smile. :)
I drove her to school for her first day- and instead of riding the bus the other two wanted to come along too for Lina's big day. Kaylin grabbed one hand while I held the other as we walked Lina into the building. Kaylin went on to her class, and the assistant principal met us in the lobby. She walked us down to the Special Ed room since Lina's one-on-one assistant wouldn't be there for another 20 minutes when the school day officially starts. Well Lina made herself RIGHT at home and started going for pencils, highlighters, foam puzzle on the floor.... she was ready to go! From there we walked down to the Kindergarten classroom and Lina was ready to dig in again. There is just so much to explore! The teacher already assigned her a little *buddy*, a classmate to help her around and get acquainted since this strategy worked very well in her preschool class. Lina was so into everything that she didn't even want to stop to hug and kiss me goodbye! *sniff sniff* I'm sure she is having a fabulous day. :)
That doesn't mean I'm not anxious to hear how everything went! Wondering how she managed at lunch and getting through this afternoon... quite a long day! It's been SO quiet here in the house this afternoon... Evan and myself alone at lunchtime.... As hard as I fought to get Lina into Kindergarten and as excited I have been for this day- it sure was hard letting go this morning. Off to e-mail her teacher and try to get some tidbits on how things have been! Lina will be riding the bus home this afternoon for the very first time too- hopefully I can grab a pic! :) Love you babygirl, you sure are growing fast. You have already come SO far since we brought you home, and I can't wait to see where Kindergarten will take you next. xoxoxo

Posted by
Amy, I am in tears reading this for some reason! I think I am just so shocked that girl in the photo is the same girl who came home not so long ago! She looks so grown up and full of personality!
ReplyDeleteAw, bitter sweet moment for sure. I bet she has an amazing year in Kindergarten :)
ReplyDeletefabulous :)
ReplyDelete