Please don't be shy- sign up to be a follower or leave a comment from time to time. Love to know who is reading!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Can my little boy really be SEVEN?!?

Seven... ugh that sounds so much older than six!!  My sweet Justin turned 7 years old on Thursday, and this mama is having major guilt that I didn't get to write this on his special day!  Please forgive me, Justin!  Not that you know I have a blog. ;)

If you missed his birthday post last year- you will want to read his birth story- it's quite the adventure, trust me! Helicopter and all.

This year's birthday was pretty laid back- we kept it to the usual close family, and I was nervous to see how Lina would handle the crowd in the house.  This would be her second large gathering- the first just a couple weeks ago at Uncle Matt and Aunt Marie's house for a pool party which she handled very well.  You can find some pics on her adoption blog HERE.

A few weeks ago I asked Justin what kind of cake he wanted- I always enjoy making special cakes for my kids, and was quite proud of my Mario cake last year! :)  I have said this a few times- Justin is the easiest kid to please. Period.  What kind of cake did he want?  Chocolate cake with chocolate sprinkles.  I talked him into a Batman cake- I baked a chocolate cake, frosted with homemade buttercream frosting, and used chocolate sprinkles to make the bat symbol.


Mike thinks it looked like a bunch of ants making the bat formation. :-P  Justin was very pleased and that's all that matters. ;)




Lina enjoyed playing with the ribbons, collecting paper, and shaking Lego boxes... all the while wearing PopPop's shoes. ;)


She handled the gathering very well- she was most anxious at the kitchen table where all the men were standing around talking loudly.  She didn't want to eat much and preferred hanging out in the living room.

Happy Birthday to my big SEVEN year old!! I love you SO much, Justin!! xoxoxoxoxo





*note the little hole in the bottom of Justin's mouth- he lost his first tooth this week too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts- let me know I'm not just talking to myself! ;)

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews