Please don't be shy- sign up to be a follower or leave a comment from time to time. Love to know who is reading!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012- off to a bumpy start it seems...

Ever since we rang in the New Year I have had a lot on my heart.  I feel like it has been one thing after the other, and I've been constantly posting prayer requests on my Facebook wall- not prayers for me but for friends near and dear to me.  I am holding onto hope that this year will be full of many answered prayers.

Before I get into my concerns, I want to thank everyone who contributed to Jessa's Angel Tree fund!!  I was completely astounded that EVERY child on the Angel Tree reached their goal!!  YAY!!!  The last day, New Year's Eve, was a huge rush of excitement as kids' funds were just exploding.  Jessa's final Angel Tree fund = $1,194.26 with a grand total of $1,329.26 available toward the cost of her adoption!!  As I packed her ornament away with all my others, I said a quick prayer that she find her forever family before I hang her ornament on my tree next December.

I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions- just something for me to fall behind on and feel guilty about not keeping, but I'm going to make one right now.  My resolution is to pray more this year than I have in years past. Prayer is powerful.  Prayer is easy.  Praying brings me peace... and hope for a brighter tomorrow.  Please join me... and feel free to add any prayer requests you may have- strength in numbers!  I would be happy to pray along with you.

Dear Lord, please be with little Lizzie as she heals from her serious head injury.  We rejoice that she has been improving and has moved out of ICU. {UPDATE 1.4.12: Lizzie had a set back and has been moved back to the PICU for more testing.  Praying she gets back on track!} We rejoice that her mama, Sandy, who is 7 months pregnant has been able to lower her blood pressure back into a normal range.  Please protect her unborn child and help Lizzie make a full recovery.  Please be with their extended family as they mourn the loss of Sandy's mother just a few short days ago.


Lord, I ask you to watch over precious Baby Britta, who at 2 weeks old was just diagnosed with a very serious heart defect- so severe that she required a life flight to a larger hospital and immediate open heart surgery (she does not have Down syndrome so this was not something on the radar at all).  I pray her surgery is successful tomorrow morning- please guide the surgeons hands, for this surgery is VERY complex involving rerouting her entire heart.  Please help her recover well and heal quickly so she can return home into her family's arms.


Lastly, I ask you to keep watch over someone near and dear to my heart, who was like a second mother to me while I was growing up.  She just received a scary diagnosis today, but with your healing powers and the aid of good doctors and treatment, she will get through this.  Please help keep her spirits up, and help her feel the love and prayers we are sending up.


{Please feel free to add your prayers in the comments section!}  Thank you for praying along with me!

2 comments:

  1. Amy ~ As always I enjoy your thoughts, I wish the best for your second mom and the little angels and I will keep them in my prayers. Olivia is having surgery on Friday. I think I drove myself slightly insane deciding to go ahead with it and anxiety is setting in as we get down the wire. They are going to lengthen the muscles in her legs by making an incision in her calf cutting the muscle and giving her botox injections to help the muscle relax. She will be in walking casts for a month. You would never know it being around her, other than the fact that she is always walking on her toes, the muscles in her legs have not grown properly resulting in a lack of range of motion and a heel that never touches the ground. It only causes her pain if you try to force her foot flat but it isn't going to get any better on its own. Please include her in your prayers ♥ Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will absolutely add Olivia to my prayer list! <3 Please keep me posted on how everything goes!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts- let me know I'm not just talking to myself! ;)

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews