Just yesterday I made another plea to my Facebook friends to donate to sweet Jessa's Angel Tree fund- I've been trying not to pester too much, especially since I have already been posting about our latest adoption fundraiser, but I've also had much guilt about not working hard enough to get Jessa to her Angel Tree goal of $1,000. I've seen a couple good friends of mine bust their butts and achieved that goal for their cherubs, yet poor Jessa was hanging out at the halfway mark.
So I did the math- Jessa was at $535, and needed 93 people to donate $5 to get her to her goal. I have 293 Facebook friends so figured this could be doable!
Seriously, this sweet little face?? $5 is easy peasy! ;) First two friends who donated- gave $10 instead of just $5. :) I checked her page this morning- she was up to $585. Up $50 from the day before. :) Not too bad!
So my annoying pestering self made another post on Facebook thanking my sweet friends who donated, and commented that the sooner we reach Jessa's goal, the sooner I would stop bugging people about it. ;) Well let me tell you- I certainly didn't think that would happen TODAY!!
I go back to Jessa's page this evening- her Angel Tree fund is at $1,030!! I did a double take. I did a triple take. I did a quadruple take. I refreshed the page a couple times to be sure it wasn't a mistake. I checked back again a few hours later- it is still the same. It must be real!! I have no idea who donated to Jessa's fund- I do not have access to her account whatsoever. I wish I did- I would so love to thank the generous soul who gave so much- I'm assuming it was one large donation to put her over the top. I just can't get over it! I feel like I'm on cloud nine- SO thankful we got Jessa to her goal amount. So glad I wasn't a failure as her Christmas Warrior and didn't let her down. I honestly wasn't sure if I would be able to get her to her goal amount and was hesitant to sign up to be a Christmas Warrior. Knowing we are raising money for our own adoption, I felt that there were probably other people out there who could do a better job raising money for her. She deserved better. But we got her there. YOU got her there. I pray Jessa will find her way under someone's Christmas tree next year. She looks absolutely adorable on my tree, but she deserves to be under a tree, opening gifts of her own, surrounded by a loving family.
So I did the math- Jessa was at $535, and needed 93 people to donate $5 to get her to her goal. I have 293 Facebook friends so figured this could be doable!
Seriously, this sweet little face?? $5 is easy peasy! ;) First two friends who donated- gave $10 instead of just $5. :) I checked her page this morning- she was up to $585. Up $50 from the day before. :) Not too bad!
So my annoying pestering self made another post on Facebook thanking my sweet friends who donated, and commented that the sooner we reach Jessa's goal, the sooner I would stop bugging people about it. ;) Well let me tell you- I certainly didn't think that would happen TODAY!!
I go back to Jessa's page this evening- her Angel Tree fund is at $1,030!! I did a double take. I did a triple take. I did a quadruple take. I refreshed the page a couple times to be sure it wasn't a mistake. I checked back again a few hours later- it is still the same. It must be real!! I have no idea who donated to Jessa's fund- I do not have access to her account whatsoever. I wish I did- I would so love to thank the generous soul who gave so much- I'm assuming it was one large donation to put her over the top. I just can't get over it! I feel like I'm on cloud nine- SO thankful we got Jessa to her goal amount. So glad I wasn't a failure as her Christmas Warrior and didn't let her down. I honestly wasn't sure if I would be able to get her to her goal amount and was hesitant to sign up to be a Christmas Warrior. Knowing we are raising money for our own adoption, I felt that there were probably other people out there who could do a better job raising money for her. She deserved better. But we got her there. YOU got her there. I pray Jessa will find her way under someone's Christmas tree next year. She looks absolutely adorable on my tree, but she deserves to be under a tree, opening gifts of her own, surrounded by a loving family.
Merry Christmas, sweet Jessa... I pray your family finds you VERY soon!!


Posted by
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please share your thoughts- let me know I'm not just talking to myself! ;)