I have been quite wrapped up in a few adoption blogs lately.... sweet little angels finally finding their forever families....turns me to MUSH!! Just thinking about what all they have missed these first years of their lives, even the littlest things like giggles- how many times do these angels have reason to giggle while being raised in an orphanage or institution?
I just found this sweet little angel, Dariya, today. :) Such a sweetheart! You can find her story here:
http://lifeandtimesofalayna.blogspot.com/
The one little girl who has totally consumed me the past couple weeks- precious Mia Kareen. I can't watch this video without bawling- I lose it as soon as she gets to the car! You see, Mia's mom blogged earlier about how Mia loved to look at cars while at the orphanage and longed to take a ride in one.... yet if she weren't rescued, the only car ride she would receive would be to an institution. How excited she would be boarding the car, thinking she was going on some grand adventure... only to be lead into her worst nightmare which would be her life. But her wish of finding a family to call her own has been granted and she will be arriving home tomorrow. :) I could watch this video all day... accompanied by a huge box of tissues of course. :)
I swear the scene with the pigeons is out of a movie! I could easily see Mia as the next Disney princess! ;) She is already living her happily ever after. <3 Please do take a few minutes to peruse through her blog- there are soooo many fabulous photos of little Mia showing off her sweet and spunky personality!! Love her to bits.
And of course, Kirill.... what a movie his story would make... parents going to court only to be denied... and then the whole appeal to the Supreme Court.... to finally coming HOME.
Hoping to share some other very exciting news in the near future, so stay tuned! :)
Please don't be shy- sign up to be a follower or leave a comment from time to time. Love to know who is reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I had this letter saved in my drafts from three years ago and for some reason never published it. I read through it and wanted to share. x...
-
Going to share my speech here I gave in church today- my many thanks to everyone there for bearing with me, for I had a LOT to say!! I was ...
-
This morning it was announced that Putin signed the adoption ban which goes into force on January 1, 2013. While I was greatly saddened by ...
-
Dear friends and family, Go grab a Coke or a cup of coffee and sit down. We have some good news we want to share with you! Are you si...
-
Everyone has been in a frenzy since Putin signed the ban on US adoptions last week, wondering how we will ever reach the sweet children w...
Posted by
My dear friend, I think you have the itch! I better be the first to know!
ReplyDeleteI'll be okay if I'm the second one to know! :o)
ReplyDelete